Recycling and Garbage Services Overview
Important Notice: Glass and foam recycling temporarily suspended effective Monday, November 22
Recycle BC has advised it has temporarily suspended the collection of glass and foam recycling effective Monday, November 22, 2021 until further notice. This takes effect in the Metro Vancouver region, including the City of Richmond. The suspension is a result of flooding in other parts of BC and the BC State of Emergency. This means that until service through Recycle BC resumes:
- the City will not be collecting glass recycling bins/carts from single family and multi-family residences
- the Richmond Recycling Depot will not be able to accept glass and foam recycling
- Residents are asked to hold onto these materials and not place them into other recycling receptacles until further notice.
The City will provide updates to residents as they become available. There are no other impacts to garbage, Green Cart, general Blue Box recycling or other Recycling Depot services at this time.
Sign-Up for Free Recycling and Garbage Reminders
Single-family home residents can sign-up for free recycling and garbage pick up day reminders. Residents can set up how they want to receive reminders, which are available by email, text message or a phone call. The tool is simple and easy to use. Just enter your address below and click on "Find."
This service does not apply to townhomes and multi-family dwellings with private garbage pickup or Blue Carts. Please contact your property management company for your pickup schedule.
Related Links and Resources
- Recycling and Garbage Brochures and Guides
- Report missed garbage and recycling, call 604-276-4010 or email Garbage and Recycling
Please point your mouse on Recycling & Garbage section in the main menu on the left of this page to see the list of topics in the fly-out menus.