Who to Call in an Emergency

Dial 9-1-1

Dial 9-1-1 in an emergency situation where you require the immediate assistance of the police, the fire department or an ambulance. For more information on calling 911, visit: the Richmond Fire-Rescue Website or When to Call Police.

For other urgent matters such as serious water and sewer problems, road obstructions, traffic signal malfunctions, downed trees, icy roads or other problems of this nature, please call the 24 hour City Emergency Line at 604-270-8721.

For all non-emergency incidents, contact:

Richmond RCMP (Police)

Main RCMP Detachment, 11411 No.5 Road, 604-278-1212.

Please refer to the RCMP Contacts page for more detailed information and location map.

Richmond Fire-Rescue
Non-Emergency Inquiries: 604-278-5131

Website:Richmond Fire Rescue

Richmond Block Watch

Call 604-207-4829 or email: blockwatch@richmond.ca
Block Watch is a neighbourhood crime prevention program.
For information on Marijuana Grow Ops see Reporting a Suspected Drug House.

Reporting Child Abuse

Anyone who has reason to believe that a child has been or is suspected to have been abused of neglected, or is in need of protection has a legal duty to report it to the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Call 1-800-663-9122 / After hours call 604-660-4927.

If children need help, they can call the Helpline for Children.
Call 310-1234 (no area code needed).

Discarded Needles

If a needle is found in a public space, please call the City’s Public Works Department at 604-270-8721 with as much information as possible as to where the needles are and where City staff should look. This is a 24-hour service and staff treat discarded needles in public spaces as a priority. REMINDER: do not touch or pick up discarded needles.

City of Richmond
You may use our Customer Feedback form to report a problem or request a service, or alternatively please call these number for assistance:

Main Switchboard at 604-276-4000
Graffiti Hotline at 604-233-3307
Public Works 24 Hour Call Centre at 604-270-8721 to report:

  • Potholes, cracks, and other problems with street surfaces, sidewalks, and curbs
  • Missing or damaged signs on City property
  • Missing, damaged or blocked traffic signs
  • Watermain leaks or water quality (dirty water)
  • Burned out street lights or damaged light poles

Environmental Health

Call Richmond Health Services at 604-233-3147 to report food poisoning.
Call Metro Vancouver at 604-436-6777 for odour, dust and other air containment concerns.


Call 604-247-4616 for traffic signal problems.

Call 604-204-8707 to report traffic safety & parking-related matters

Animal Protection Services


Email: AnimalServicesRequest@richmond.ca
Phone: 604-709-4668
Hours: Mon to Sun, 7:00am - 9:00pm including Statutory holidays (except Christmas day). After hours please call the RCMP Non-Emergency line at 604-278-1212.

Community Bylaws

Property Use

Call 604-276-4345 for property use violations:

  • Bylaws complaints relating to the use of private property such as evidence of secondary suites
  • Unsightly properties
  • Short-Term Rentals
  • Boulevard maintenance issues
  • Signs placed on City property


Call 604-276-4345 or email: bylawrequest@richmond.ca to report parking violations or to enquire about parking tickets.

To pay a parking ticket online, see the Payment Options page.

Emergency Programs

Emergency Programs staff work with the community to increase Richmond’s level of preparedness in the event of a major emergency.

Phone: 604-233-3333
Email: emergencyprograms@richmond.ca

For more information about the City of Richmond's Emergency Preparedness Program visit: Emergency Preparedness