Our Services OverviewWe have created several resources, in addition to the site navigation and the site search to help you find services on this website:
- E-Services Index - A list of online transactions and data searches you can conduct on or through this website.
- A - Z Service Directory - A list of contacts for over 500 services the City provides which is available online in the Contacts section of this website. Use the keyword search or alphabetical index to quickly find contacts for the service you are looking for.
- Mobile Apps for Download - Links for mobile apps developed by the City to help you access services and information on the go.
- Department Organization Charts - with role descriptions and links to contacts pages.
- City Hall: Government, bylaws, records including agendas and minutes, administrative and financial services including budgets, property tax and utilities.
- City Services: Infrastructure services including recycling & garbage, road, dikes, water & sewers, transportation and parking, land and property, permits, licences, and publications.
- Planning, Building & Development: Official Community Plan, planning projects, social planning projects and strategies, community consultation, development and building permits, and zoning applications.
- Sustainability & Environment: How the City is striving to develop a sustainable city, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, protect the natural environment and provide alternative energy sources.
- Business & Local Economy: Economic development, starting a business and business licences, tenders and proposals, and filming on location.
- Discover Richmond: Maps, demographics, transit and airport services, local attractions, sister cities, as well as contacts for community services, health and educational institutions, and housing.
- Careers: Current opportunities, how to apply, job requirements, other affiliated employers.
- Parks, Trails & Cycling: parks and trails maps, search for parks and amenities, signature parks, trails points of interest, parks strategies and current projects.
- Recreation & Community Centres: Recreation facilities, programs, events and registration.
- Sport & Event Hosting: City owned venues and amenities available to event organizers, an event application and approvals system to help organizers obtain permits and services.
- Arts, Culture & Heritage: Cultural and heritage facilities, programs, events and registration.
- Public Safety: Police, Fire-Rescue, Emergency Preparedness, Community Bylaws.
The information below pertains to City services in general:
- Service Delivery
- Reporting a Problem or Requesting a Service
- Service Responsibilities
- Service Partners
The City of Richmond is continuously striving to improve customer service. Services are delivered in a variety of ways:
- at City Hall
- online through this website
- through our mobile apps
- at various city owned community facilities
- by our staff in the field
The Front of House at City Hall is the hub of service delivery for all of our departments. Through our integrated Customer Service Centre, customers are able to access services directly or be referred to the appropriate department representative.
Coordinating the ongoing evaluation of our service delivery is the responsibility of the Manager of Customer Service.
Report a Problem or Request a Service
We urge you to use our online Customer Feedback Form to report a problem or request a service. You may also use this form to comment on our services.
If you prefer, you may contact the Manager of Customer Service, Richard Toda, through the Information Centre by email: email@example.com
The City is responsible for delivering the following services in Richmond:
- land use and transportation planning, building approvals, property use administration and zoning.
- providing and maintaining roads, dikes, water and sewerage systems, drainage and irrigation systems
- providing sanitation and recycling services.
- providing for the safety and protection of its citizens by maintaining a police force, fire-rescue services, bylaw enforcement, emergency programs and environmental programs.
- providing for the recreational and cultural needs of its citizens by: funding library services; and building and maintaining recreational and cultural facilities, including pools, arenas, community centres, art centres, a theatre and numerous heritage sites.
- designing, constructing, and maintaining a recreational trail system and a system of parks with playing fields, playgrounds, and various amenities including tennis courts, basketball courts.
- business licensing and economic development initiatives
- administration of property taxes and utility bills.
- working to safeguard the financial well-being of the City, through the provision of effective and reliable financial advice, services and information to Council, staff and the public.
- working to safeguard and enhance the livability and social, financial, and environmental sustainability of our community and surrounding environment.
- representing the interests of our citizens on various regional bodies responsible for providing services such as transit, drinking water, waste disposal, and air quality monitoring and reporting.
For more detailed information about how the City functions, our organizational structure, and the role of City Council and City staff please refer to the City Council, City Administration and City Departments sections of this website.Our Service Partners
Other essential services such as health, education, the registering of marriages, births, and deaths, and vital statistics are provided in Richmond by other governing bodies. See Partners in Government for more information.