Report a Problem or General Inquires

For a dog attack in progress call 911 immediately.

BC Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

To report a problem or make a general inquiry:

Phone: 604-709-4668
Hours: Mon to Sun, 7:00am - 9:00pm including Statutory holidays. After hours, contact the RCMP Non-Emergency line at 604-278-1212.

Phone line hours: Mon-Sun, 7:00am-9:00pm including Statutory holidays. 
After hours, call the RCMP Non-Emergency line at 604-278-1212.

Other Concerns

Report a Coyote Sighting

Visit Coexisting with Coyotes which tracks and assesses coyote behaviour.

If a coyote displays aggressive or threatening behavior, report immediately to the BC Ministry of Environment emergency call centre at 1-877-952-7277.

To report aggressive coyote that does not show fear of humans, or to report someone feeding or intentionally attracting coyotes, or to report an injured coyote, call the B.C Conservation Officer Service at 1-877-952-7277. Further Information from the B.C Conservation Service on avoiding or dealing with encounters with coyotes is available online on their website.

Additional Resources

Barking Dogs

The Noise Regulation Bylaw prohibits any kind of sound made by a dog, continually, sporadically or erratically, for any period in excess of thirty minutes.

To report a barking dog, please contact the BC SPCA at 604-709-4668.

The City does not enforce individual strata bylaws. Your concerns regarding barking dog noise must be taken to your strata council or your property management for investigation and enforcement. A strata is self-governed and the council may create, maintain, and enforce their own bylaws.

Removal of Dead Animal on City Property

To report a dead animal on City Property, please call the BC SPCA at 604-709-4668 Mon to Sun, 7:00am - 9:00pm. After hours, call our 24 Hour City Emergency Line at 604-270-8721.

Cruelty to Animals

To report cruelty related complaints, please contact the BC SPCA at 604-709-4668.

Wild Animals on Private Property

  • BC SPCA will respond if an animal is injured. Please call 604-709-4668.
  • For nuisance animals such as skunks, racoons, squirrels or possums you must call a private pest control company for assistance.
  • For rats and mice, contact the City directly by calling 604-276-4316 or emailing
  • If you have general questions or concerns regarding wild animals, please call the provincial Wildlife Conservation Officer in Surrey.
  • To report wild animals at large or the feeding of wild animals, please contact BC Wildlife Services at 1-800-663-9453.