The City of Richmond is partnering with the Canadian Red Cross to deliver Emergency Support Services (ESS) to Richmond residents displaced by fire and other emergencies.What do ESS volunteers do?
ESS volunteers can assist in a variety of roles, which include:
- Providing ESS to residents displaced or impacted by emergencies
- Determining immediate and short-term evacuee needs as per primary or specialized ESS
- Providing emotional care and comfort to displaced residents
- Providing referrals to partner agencies and other community-based groups for services
- Supporting the establishment and operations of Reception Centres and group lodging facilities
- Participating in training and exercises
- Delivering emergency preparedness educational sessions in the community
For more information on volunteering, visit the Canadian Red Cross.