What do Emergency Programs Volunteers do?
Have you ever wanted to be on the frontline during an emergency, assisting the City’s most in need and vulnerable? Do you have what it takes to work as part of a team, in a dynamic, constantly changing environment? Then our Emergency Support Services (ESS) program is the perfect fit for you.
- Providing Emergency Support Services to residents displaced or impacted by emergencies
- Determining immediate and short-term evacuee needs as per primary or specialized ESS
- Providing emotional care and comfort to displaced residents
- Providing referrals to partner agencies and other community-based groups for services
- Supporting the functioning and establishment of Reception Center and Group Lodging facilities
- Recruiting and training new volunteers
- Participating in trainings and exercises
- Delivering emergency preparedness educational sessions in the community
Download now: ESS Responder