Personal and Home Safety
Protect Your Cell Phone and Electronic Devices from Theft
Here are some tips on how to protect yourself and your cell phone/electronic device:
- If someone demands your phone or device, don't resist. Give them what they want - you can replace your belongings.
- Be aware of your surroundings; don't be so fixated on your phone or electronic device that you lose touch with what is happening around you.
- Be discreet when using your phone or electronic device, keep it securely tucked away when not in use.
- Don't lend your phone to someone you do not know.
- If someone asks you for the time, use your watch - not your cell phone.
- Password protect your phone/device and use a timed screen lock.
- Keep a record of the make, model and serial number of your phone/device in the event it is lost/stolen.
- Install an app: to track your phone, and remotely lock its content.
Websites to help secure your device:
www.blackberry.com (App: BlackBerry Protect)
www.apple.com (App: Find My Phone)
www.mylookout.com (App: Lookout-Android)