Park Use Guidelines
Richmond's parks and open space system is comprised of 1,700 acres of dedicated park land.
With the exception of sport fields that can been booked by local sport organizations or groups, most park sites can be used by the public on a first come, first served basis. They are open to all, and we do not give permits or take bookings for them.
Here are some general guidelines to follow when enjoying Richmond's parks and open spaces:
- If you are using a diamond, soccer pitch or lacrosse box, you must immediately leave if a group with a valid permit shows up.
- Your group does not have exclusive use of the area; there may be other activities occurring at the same time.
- The use of structures, tents, bouncy castles, fences, poles, stages, bleachers and portable toilets is prohibited.
- The use of amplified sound is prohibited.
- No open fires are allowed. Charcoal barbeques are considered an open fire. Please use propane barbeques only.
- Signage, banners and advertisements are not permitted.
- The sale of goods or services or the collection of an admission fee is prohibited.
- Potluck food service at picnic events is permitted, as long as the food is for private consumption by the picnic attendees only. Food preparation for sale or distribution to the public is not permitted without prior approval from the City of Richmond.
- Please ensure that the area used is left clean; put all your garbage in the cans provided.
- No electricity or water sources are provided.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be dispensed, sold or consumed in the park at any time.
- No vehicles are permitted to be on the grass at any time.