Sports and Fitness
In accordance with current Provincial Health Orders, the City of Richmond:
- is suspending use of its fitness centres and all fitness classes
- is requiring proof of vaccination and government issued ID to access facilities including swimming pools
- may be required to limit capacity at some facilities
4111 Moncton Street
Richmond, BC V7E 3A8
Fitness Coordinator: Jeannie Mansell
Fitness Centre Hours
Sat & Sun: 7:30am-6:00pm
Visit the Fitness Centres page for more details including schedules, how to register, fees and youth orientations and permission forms for the fitness centres that have re-opened.
Group Fitness Classes - Indoor & Outdoor
3 Ways to Register
- Select a BLUE BUTTON below to browse and register
- 604-276-4300, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm
- In-person at any parks, recreation or cultural facility. Note: Debit, cheque and cash are also accepted when registering in person
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES - 55+
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES - YOUTH
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES - CHILDREN
Drop-in Fitness Schedule
Steveston - Drop-in Fitness Schedule - Fall 2021
Advance registration is required for single session Cycle Fit, Aquafit and outdoor Group Fitness classes.
Contact: Jeannie Mansell, Fitness Coordinator, 604-238-8097
PAR-Q+ (The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire for Everyone)
This form is designed to identify people for whom a change in physical activity may pose a risk. When taking part in any fitness activity at a City facility, clients are asked to:
- complete a PAR-Q+; or
- read the large poster version of the form; or
- confirm the online version or the printed questionnaire PAR-Q Form questionnaire has been completed.
Tennis Registered Visits
Indoor Tennis Court Rentals - Net Shed (Steveston Community Centre)
Rate: $20.65 (tax inc.) per hour/court. Maximum two court bookings per person, per day.
Call 604-238-8080 to book a court up to one week in advance:
- Mon-Fri: 6:00am-9:30pm
- Sat & Sun: 7:30am-6:00pm
- Must have a valid City of Richmond Client Number.
- Only one week advance booking for court rentals permitted.
- One person’s name and client number is required to book a court with this person responsible for the full payment of the court booking.
- Maximum two court bookings (2 hours) per person, per day
- Participants should arrive no more than five to ten minutes prior to their booking time.
- No refunds or credits
General Tennis Rules:
- Steveston Community Centre is a Recreation Facility. Open to everyone of all ages and skill levels.
- Please respect all user groups playing tennis.
- Proper clothing attire is to be worn for all racquet programs, i.e. no black-soled shoes, non-marking soled shoes ONLY.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in or near the Net Shed.
- Players are not allowed to be on the tennis courts prior to their bookings of the courts as it is a courtesy to other participants. This also includes morning court bookings.
- All players must vacate the court promptly at the end of their session *Please do not ask groups to wait until you finish a game*
- Any food or beverages must be restricted to the off-court south side viewing area of the Net Shed.
- Please bring your own tennis balls. There is a maximum of 6 tennis balls per court. No baskets, containers or ball-hoppers are permitted.
- There is no unauthorized use of ball machines permitted.
- The public may use the dividing curtains to separate the courts during their bookings.
- Only service dogs are permitted in the Net Shed.
Only Steveston Community Centre authorized instructors are permitted to teach on indoor and outdoor tennis courts at Steveston Community Centre.
Tennis Socials - Booking required
Women's Social: Thu: 9:30-11:30am, $7.80 + tax/person
Men’s Social: Tue: 9:30-11:30am, $7.80 + tax/person
Co-Ed Social: Fri: 9:30-11:30am, $7.80 + tax/person
Night Social*: Fri & Sat: 7:30pm-midnight, $17.55 + tax/person
*Night Social suspended until further notice
- For the morning socials (Tue/Thu/Fri), call up to one hour before the session
- For Friday Night Social, call at 5:30pm; Saturday Night Social, call at 5:00pm
All socials are subject to change and availability.
Private Tennis Lessons
Tennis lessons can be pre-booked up to one month in advance with payment due at the time of booking.
Steveston - Tennis Private Lesson Booking Request Form - Fall 2021
|Fees for Private Tennis Lessons*|
|Single||$56.13 per hour + tax|
|Semi-private (2 people)||$30.85 per person + tax|
|Small group (3 people)||$25.24 per person + tax|
|Small group (4 people)||$19.62 per person + tax|
Squash Registered Visits
Indoor Squash Court Rentals
Rate: $6.50/45 minutes (tax included) for a maximum of two sessions. Call 604-238-8080 or visit the Steveston Community Centre to book a court.
$1.91/racquet (limited number of racquets available to rent)
Squash Court Booking Policy
- All players must have a valid City of Richmond Client ID number.
- Bookings permitted up to 7 days in advance beginning at noon.
- Payment required at time of booking.
- Use of court permitted only during time booked.
- For a refund or credit, 24 hours' notice is required. There are no refunds or credits for less than 24 hours notice.
- A maximum of two courts are permitted to be booked per day, per person.
- All court rentals are for public use. For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, private lessons are restricted to those operated by the Association/Society.
- Proper clothing required including non-marking soled shoes only. No jeans or black-soled shoes permitted.
- Schedules subject to change.
Recreational for 18+ years, 3 courts available. Drop-ins can be registered for in-person on the day of the program up to 30 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- Tue: 6:45-9:15pm
- Thu: 12:45-2:45pm
Racquet Sports Drop-in fees:
- Adults: $5.50 (tax inc.)
- Seniors: $4.50 (tax inc.)