About Hamilton - Facilities and Information
The City is implementing the Restoring Richmond Plan, a carefully planned step-by-step approach to reopening services, amenities and facilities impacted by COVID-19. See Affected City Services & Facilities for current service and amenity information.Hamilton Community Centre
Registration for Fall programs is now available. Register online or call 604-276-4300.
Welcome to your Hamilton Community Centre
- 8,600 square feet of health and wellness programming space
- an entrance and lobby separate from the school entrance, to relax and connect with community members and neighbours
- a fitness centre with state of the art equipment
- three multipurpose rooms
- one meeting room
- an expanded reception and administration area
- public art that celebrates Hamilton's history
Hughes Condon Marler Architects led the planning and design of the 5,800 square foot expansion to the centre. This $5 million project was one of the City of Richmond's 2010 Capital Projects. A $1 million Recreation Infrastructure Canada Grant, as well as a $100,000 contribution from the Hamilton Community Association provided partial funding.
Programs for all ages
Check back often to see what is being offered or view the Parks, Recreation and Culture Guide for details about programs and services, events and drop-in programs. To register online for scheduled programs visit Program Registration.
Following are programs currently being offered:
- a wide range of programs including outdoor fitness classes and sport programs designed to help meet physical activity and wellness goals
- preschool and children's programs ranging from dance to sports
- licensed preschool programs and licensed out of school care
- seniors' socials, line dancing and Tai Chi
- youth and preteens drop-in programs and out trips
- Saturday Story Time and library services in the Rotunda
For other program and service listings refer to Fitness Schedules and Fees, Racquet Sports, Field Sports and Gymnasium Sports, Preschool & Out of School Care and the Calendar of Community Events.
- Area Coordinator: Karen MacEachern
- Community Facilities Coordinator: Stefanie Myler
- Recreation Leader: Stephanie Reid
- Recreation Facility Clerk: Julie Teager
- Director of Child Care Services: Amanda Yipp
- Program Coordinator: Brendan Walker
For additional Hamilton Community Centre information, click on the links below.