55 +/ Seniors
The City is implementing the Restoring Richmond Plan, a carefully planned step-by-step approach to reopening services, amenities and facilities impacted by COVID-19. See Affected City Services & Facilities for current service and amenity information.
At Cambie Community Centre, 55+ Seniors Services aim to enhance the quality of lives of seniors by offering a wide variety of leisure and recreation opportunities in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Seniors Coordinator: Linda Simpson, 604-238-8372
|Drop-in is free with the purchase of a $13.00 (includes GST) Seniors Facility Pass|
|Mondays||Coffee and Tea||11:00am-1:00pm|
Note: times may vary
1st & 3rd of the month
Note: times may vary
The following programs are also included with a Facility Pass with registration required:
- Book Club - 1st Wednesday of the month, 10:00-11:30am
- Tai Chi - Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday mornings
- Luk Tung Kuen - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday mornings
- Indoor Walking - Thursday, 10:00-11:00am
- Mahjong - 2nd Wednesday of the month, 9:45-11:45am
- Speaker Series - Thursdays - see Parks, Recreation & Culture Guide for information
- Seasonal Out Trips - see Parks, Recreation & Culture Guide for information
2nd Wednesday of the month, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Free blood pressure testing available.
- Bookings are available for holistic services, (reflexology, chair massage, shiatsu, reiki, hand and foot treatments). Prices vary from $13.00 to $19.00 per service.
Call 604-238-8399 to book an appointment, which can be made one month prior starting at 8:30am. Payment must be made at time of booking.
A wide variety of programs and services are offered at Cambie Community Centre and the East Richmond Community Hall for those 55+ years. Visit Program Registration to register online and see the Parks, Recreation and Culture Guide for a full list of programs, services, events and drop-in programs that do not require registration.
The majority of the seniors' programs are held at the East Richmond Community Hall, 12360 Cambie Road.
Volunteering with Seniors
Volunteers are welcome to assist with programs and events. For more information on volunteer opportunities in Seniors programming, call Linda at 604-238-8372 or visit https://icanhelp.richmond.ca.