About the Library
The Richmond Public Library offers lots of fun, free resources for everyone. To get a free library card, visit any of the four library branches and bring in a piece of identification with your address on it.
- Books in 10 languages
- DVD movies
- Computer and the Internet use for free
- Homework and research help from librarians
- Programs for children, teens and adults
- Comfortable reading lounges
- Large selection of magazines and newspapers.
- Daily family storytimes for kids of all ages
- Free Summer Reading Club
- Programs for teens
- Plenty of quiet study space for students
For adult new immigrants:
- Weekly New Immigrant Orientation Seminars offer practical information in English with Mandarin interpretation
- Weekly Parents’ Support Series on educational topics, in English with Mandarin/Cantonese interpretation
- English and Chinese Reading Clubs
- Health related programs
- Practical programs on a variety of topics
Library hours and locations:
Sat: 10:00am-2:00pm (Brighouse and Steveston branch only)
Visit Richmond Public Library or call 604-231-6413.