Business ServicesBusiness Services brings together a variety of financial and corporate services to meet the needs of Richmond's residents and businesses and to provide support to the City's corporate operations.
The Business Services Department is responsible for performing five key functions that are outlined below.The following units serve the needs of Richmond residents and businesses:
- Customer Service: is the first multi-channel point of contact for many City services and acts as a resource and referral centre. It takes in applications and issues permits, answers inquiries and manages building permit records.
- Economic Development: facilitates the attraction, expansion and retention of businesses in Richmond, serves as a liaison between businesses and City departments or other government agencies and resources, and develops programs and policies to support the local economy.
- Business Advisory Services: systematically undertakes internal reviews to audit, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, financial controls, and governance processes.
- Business Improvement: assists internal departments in reviewing their business operations and processes, and helps to identify and implement opportunities to improve operational performance.
- Risk Management: supports the organization’s identification, analysis, evaluation and treatment of risks associated to the City’s assets, programs and operations. Manages the City’s insurance program and provides risk and insurance related advisory services.