People, Innovation through Collaboration, Vision,
Outstanding Results, Team
|"My first day on the job was one of my favourite days. I love the atmosphere and it’s fun to work with such great people.”
Tips for Applying
To make the most of your application and bring you closer to a rewarding career with the City of Richmond, we’ve compiled a list of helpful hints to maximize your hiring potential. The following elements are essential for every application:
- The competition number and position title must be clearly displayed on the resume, cover letter and all related supporting documentation
- You must submit a separate resume and cover letter for every competition for which you are applying
- Be sure to indicate your current phone number where you can be contacted
- Review your resume and cover letter thoroughly to ensure there are no spelling or grammatical mistakes
- Read the position requirements carefully and tailor your resume accordingly; include all relevant experience and education related to the position
- Ensure that your resume is submitted on or before the closing date of the competition
- Be prepared to show proof of qualifications, including educational achievements, specific to the position
- Ensure that you are legally entitled to work in Canada
Foreign Credential Recognition is the process of verifying that the education and job experience obtained in another country are equal to the standards established for Canadian workers.
Positions at the City of Richmond are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada. More information on credential evaluation, work permit options, and finding a job in Canada is available on the following Government of Canada websites: www.goingtocanada.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca/tool/.
|“The City really takes care of us and gives us a lot of opportunities, especially with my job as Aquatic Leader. I’m able to be creative and help develop programs that meet the needs of the people in the city. I like helping people reach their swimming goals and pride myself on providing great customer service.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What kinds of jobs are available at the City of Richmond?
A. Job openings are posted on our website at www.richmond.ca/jobs.
Q. Can I work for the City of Richmond if I have a relative who works there?
A. Yes, you can. You cannot, however, be directly supervised by a relative. For further information, please read our Conflict of Interest Policy.
Q. How do I apply?
A. Explore How to Apply.
Q. After I apply for a position, what happens next?
A. Explore Selection Process.
Q. How long will my application be kept on file?
A. All applications and resumes received, by the Human Resources Division, pertaining to a specific job competition will be kept on file for a period of one year.
Q. How do I apply for the Fire Department?
A. For further information regarding Fire Rescue Hiring & Job Requirements.
Q. What kind of benefits do we offer?
A. Review what Richmond has to offer through our Benefits section.
Q. When and how will I get paid?
A. City of Richmond employees are paid bi-weekly through direct deposit to their banking institutions.
Q. Is there any opportunity for career development at the City of Richmond?
A. Explore our People Development section for more information.
Q. What is the company culture like?
A. Find out more through About Us, Diversity and Meet Our People.
Q. I am an international applicant. How do I apply?
A. As long as you have a valid permit to work in Canada, you are welcome to apply.
Q. How can I find out more about the City of Richmond?
A. Explore Discover Richmond for more information.